Thursday, May 3, 2012

Taipei... and beyond!

Pardon the interruption. It appears I was hijacked by a small, blue-eyed person.

Deviously... cute?
Where was I? Oh yes, Taipei. I mentioned EVA was awesome. Well, the lounge in Taipei was no different. A word on Taiwan Taoyuan International (Yes, I had to look up the official name. So?) - this place is a geek's dream.

Escalator Mural
It's a big steel-and-neon playground filled with electronics, a shopping mall, Hello Kitty everything (no, I'm not into Hello Kitty, but I appreciate any country that appreciates animation!), a very nice orchid garden/rest area, and beautiful murals over the escalators.



Great airport, but don't bring your bootleg pigeon operation here!




The lounge rocked. I got my first taste of dim sum, and the Asian version of a hot dog (no, I still don't know what's in those, and no, don't tell me).







After some R+R and tending to swelled appendages, we were off on our last flight - Phnom Penh, here we come!

Did I mention the lounge rocked?
Stay thirsty, my frie... oh wait, also copyrighted.














Our last plane was decidedly smaller. Before I sign off this post, Aidan would like to show you:

Artist's rendition of our flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment