Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The beginning...

Me and Aidan
Hi everyone! My name is Ryan Gibbs. I was born and raised in Florida, and until recently had ventured no further outside her borders than lower Canada. I like Star Wars, video games, and air conditioning.

In 2000, I married my lovely wife Jessica and became a part of her wonderful family. Her parents, Eric and Ginny Hanson, are missionaries. We got to live with them for awhile in Colorado, until they headed full time overseas. They run a non-profit ministry in Cambodia for abused women, widows, and orphans, and the ministry had grown to a point where they needed to be there full time. Much more to come on this later!

In 2012 my family and I made the decision that after many years apart, it was time to rejoin our family. We picked up everything, got rid of our house, car, and most of our household goods, and headed to Cambodia.

So, take one geeky, sometimes clumsy guy and plop him smack in the middle of a third world country.

Hang onto your hats, this is going to be one wild ride!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow!!! This is truly awesome!!!! I am so envious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Join us!!! :) Bring Hougie and the kids!

    ReplyDelete