Wednesday, May 2, 2012

From L.A to Taipei!

Well, you already knew what to expect of my LAX arrival. I'll cut to the chase. We got there, grabbed every bag from ye olde conveyor belt #2, and dashed several blocks to the international check-in (different building, nearly a different world altogether, really). This is the part where we all stop and thank Frontier. Thaaaaannnnks Frontier! :)

Beautiful ride to L.A.
Don't get me wrong, I knew it was coming. I was prepared... mostly. My years of traveling had honed my senses and sprinting capabilities to a razor's edg... what? oh, right. You already knew I didn't travel. Well, can you blame me for trying?

Anyway, we made it through check-in fine thanks to Eric and Ginny. It was time to be introduced to my first epic experience - the airport lounge!

 I tell you now. If you ever want to fly international, fly EVA. No, I don't mean the cute robot from that one Disney movie I can't mention due to copyrights (rhymes with Ball-E). I mean stupendously awesome EVA air.
Aidan doing a puzzle. He's very studious for 7...





It was their lounge in which our tired muscles and sore feet rested. It is their turkey wraps that I remember, even now, sitting as I am writing this and drooling slightly.

I shouldn't drool. It's my wife's laptop I am using.

I hope she doesn't read that.

After a nice, well earned pit stop we headed downstairs to what reminded me a little of an auctioneer's floor. You see, 'standing in line' loses its meaning the closer you get to Cambodia. It's part of the culture here to believe that whoever is in the space, was supposed to be in the space, and you don't really see the sort of orderly lining up thing like in America. It's not rude, it's just a little different. You'll see this more when I show you how people drive in Cambodia. Trust me. :)

Well, I digress. We at last boarded a bus (!) which then took us on an interestingly winding journey to the plane. Honestly, I couldn't wait to get on board...

No comments:

Post a Comment