Monday, September 24, 2012

En Memorius Reptus

This is somewhat of a sadder post. I'm sorry if it's a bit somber. We lost a good friend of ours recently. Remember Batgecko? He died today.

Typical pose, sitting in the middle of the floor waiting to startle someone - usually me.

Batgecko was a Tokay Gecko, a little small for the breed, but large enough to give you the creeps if he popped out of nowhere and surprised you - which he did to me often.

Our family is saddened, as we considered him a very quirky pet and really, a member of the family. A day didn't go by that we didn't look for him, or ask each other if we'd seen him.

He changed color too.

I will always remember fondly the adventures we had. Me going to use the bathroom and him popping his head up from behind the toilet...

'Allo!


Having to chase him out of my room when he wouldn't stop trying to watch TV with Jess...

I got him out of the room, but he stayed right here in protest.

He was friendly, and very loyal - coming upstairs and hanging out in our curtains whenever he got too lonely.

Sneaky little thing.
We are going to miss you a lot, little lizard. Thanks for making our family brighter.

See the baby? Lower left by the latch.
Our beloved gecko left us a little present though. See the baby in the photo? I saw him wandering around the other day, just like his pop (mom?). He seems to be just as quirky as Tokay was, and likes people too. I'm hoping he'll grow to be huge and cause just as much trouble as his parent.

His favorite spot.
Goodbye little friend. We'll miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment